Picture this: You walk into the student center and know that you can sit with anyone, even complete strangers, and start up a conversation.
You can easily join a study group or a sports team, get advice from any professor or staff member, and keep up with everything that’s happening on campus.
With a bilingual American Sign Language and English environment, you will have access to everything and everyone at Gallaudet—including our extensive national and international connections for research, internships and careers.
New signers always tell us that learning ASL is one of the best decisions they ever made.
The Bilingual Advantage
- Extensive student-faculty collaboration—an 8:1 student-faculty ratio and direct communication in both ASL and English
- Everything designed for deaf and hard of hearing students—campus design, teaching and learning technology, hearing and speech services
- Welcoming linguistically diverse students—ASL immersion program for new signers and English Language Institute for international students whose first written language is not English
- Communication access support provided for new signers, including interpreters and real-time captioning
- Gallaudet pride—from our Capitol Hill interns to our alumni in science and technology to our winning NCAA Division III sports teams to our international impact
You will gain more freedom, confidence and opportunities, both academically and personally.