Gallaudet's College of Arts and Sciences is instrumental in providing the broad-based, multidisciplinary and well-rounded education that helps students build a solid foundation for lifelong personal and professional success. Gallaudet graduates enter today's job market prepared to succeed in many fields, including business, diplomacy, research, science and teaching.
The university's liberal arts and sciences curriculum embraces interdisciplinary learning, collaborative work in diverse groups, critical thinking about real problems, understanding cultures and global issues, and ethical decision-making. Research and internship opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students are exceptional.
At Gallaudet, high academic expectations are paired with comprehensive support services and direct communication access to faculty and staff to give students an unparalleled advantage. We invite you to explore our academic programs and contact us for additional information.
Departments in the College of Arts and Sciences
- American Sign Language and Deaf Studies (undergraduate and graduate programs)
- Art, Communication and Theatre (undergraduate programs)
- General Studies
- English (undergraduate programs)
- History, Philosophy, Religion and Sociology (undergraduate programs)
- Linguistics (undergraduate and graduate programs)
- Psychology (undergraduate and graduate programs)
- Science, Technology and Mathematics (undergraduate programs)
- World Languages and Cultures (undergraduate programs)