Physical Education Success Stories
Most recent Department of Physical Education and Recreation alumni are employed (69 percent) or in graduate school (23 percent) within one year of graduation.
Recent Alumni Employment
- Marshall Harris, ’14, Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach, Gallaudet University
- Jeremy Murphy, ’14, Men’s Basketball Coach, SouthWest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf, Big Spring, Texas
- Adham Talaat, ’14, Assistant Football Coach, Gallaudet University
- Abraham Selzer, ’13, Inside Sales Representative, Purple Communications, Sacramento, Calif.
- Joy Fraychineaud, ’12, Middle School Varsity Girls Basketball Assistant Coach, Maryland School for the Deaf; M.A., University of Northern Colorado
Graduates also teach physical education at elementary, middle and secondary schools as well as residential schools for deaf students. They are sports officials, fitness leaders in school and corporate environments, and activity leaders at schools, community recreation centers and camps.
Recent Internship Sites
- Aspen Camp–Aspen, Colo.
- Camp Mark Seven–Old Forge, NY
- Camp Sertoma—Brainerd, Minn.
- National Association of the Deaf Youth Leadership Camp—Stayton, Ore.
- Octagon Sports Management—Washington, D.C.
- Results Gym–Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Coast Guard—Miami, Fla.
- Velocity Sports Performance–Cherry Hill, NJ