Education Success Stories
All recent Department of Education bachelor’s degree recipients are employed (33 percent) or in graduate school (67 percent) within one year of graduation. Several continue their studies at Gallaudet, which offers a five-year B.A./M.A. option.
All recent graduate-level alumni of the department are either employed (89 percent) or pursuing further education (11 percent).
The pass rate for Gallaudet education graduates on state licensure tests for initial teacher certification is more than 90 percent.
Teacher Preparation Program Outcomes
See more details below on graduation rates, licensure completion and alumni self-assessments of their skills.
Impact on P-12 Learners
Internships in Education and Community Services
Education and community services are projected to be among the top five job categories requiring postsecondary education, according to the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce. Programs in the Department of Education position students for career success through a strong network of internship sites.
Recent internship sites include:
- American School for the Deaf
- Arlington County Public Schools
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- BIDKIDS Daycare Center–Washington, D.C.
- Brentwood Elementary School–Washington, D.C.
- Delaware School for the Deaf
- Easter Seals Child Development Center–Washington, D.C.
- Kansas School for the Deaf
- Louisiana School for the Deaf
- Maryland School for the Deaf
- Virginia School for the Deaf